The Fernandina Beach Historic District is a U.S. historic district located in Fernandina Beach, Florida on Amelia Island. The Fernandina Beach Historic District was included on the National Register on July 20, 1973, encompassing approximately 1,500 acres (610 ha), bounded by North 9th Street, Broome, Ash, South 5th Street, Date, and South 8th Street. On April 20, 1987, the National Register listing was expanded to include an additional 970 acres (3.9 km²), bounded by Sixth, Broome, North 3rd, & Escambia Streets; Seventh & Date Streets, and Ash. Approximately 300 buildings are included in this district.
THE "OLD" POST OFFICE
This building is located on Centre Street and still operates as a working post office post office, since circa 1912.
The Historic Courthouse of Nassau County has served citizens since 1892 and stands ready to serve another century. Although Nassau County was formed in 1824, the courthouse was not erected until 1892. It is the second oldest functioning courthouse in Florida (Osceola County Courthouse in Kissimmee is 2 years older).